When you log in to your AdSpyglass account for the first time, you'll see only one enabled section - Websites. That's where it all started.
We've disabled all other sections until you'll add your website to help you make your first move right. So, let's continue your configuration by pressing the "Add Website" button.
Hooray! The first button has been just pressed! We're very proud of you.
The next thing you'll see is a page for adding your website and spot. The first dropdown is needed for choosing your Stream.
Currently, AdSpyglass Streams are divided into 5 groups:
- Mainstream (Non-Adult) - just ordinary traffic which is not related to Adult. It's the right choice if you're running Link Shortener or Video-tube site)
- Adult-All - general-purpose stream for Adult websites. If you're not ready to add granularity to your streams or your Adult website contains severavl sections inside - that is a good one to use.
- Adult-Gay - it is a gay thread of adult traffic. Helpful finding for everyone who is working with gay-themed websites.
- Adult-Cartoons - it's an animated segment of the huge Adult industry. Feel free to use it if your website contains content related to "cartoons for grown-ups".
- Adult-Transsexual - transgender-oriented part of adult traffic. If you're a proud owner of a site with such a concept, it is the best option for you.
Please Note: It's strictly prohibited to pick up Mainstream if your traffic is mostly related to adult traffic. Although our experts are extremely friendly and kind, they will immediately ban your account if you choose the wrong Stream. (Don't turn our kitties into mountain lions 🐆)
As soon as you're confident about your type of stream, just pick up the option that suits you the best, and you're good. We'll choose the Adult-All for instance.
In the domains section, just type the full domain of your website. Next time you're welcome to add a few sites (one domain per line), but now let's get it rolling with only one. Make sure that you've written your URL correct, later on, you'll need to verify the ownership of the website.
And, as a final note, you need to choose the spots you'd like to use.
Spots and setup tips
Besides, spots are determined not only by size and position but by ad format as well.
They are needed to let you sleep calmly and definitely know which ad formats are rotated at your website.
There are different types of spots supported by AdSpyglass. Let's review all of them:
- The first group of ad spots is also known as Banner Ads. Banners are just regular images with predetermined positions and sizes.
- The second group among available AdSpyglass spots is the VAST ads or Video-ads. Basically, the abbreviation VAST can be deciphered as Video Ad Serving Template, and it is full coincided with its definition.
- The direct link is the third one in the squat. For the direct link, you may forget about the size and position of the ad and, as well as the visual appearance of the format. The reason for it is quite easy - direct link ad will just open the targeted URL as soon as the user fires some trigger. That's it.
- An in-page push is a next thing. It's just a small banner with a text label that dynamically appears in one corner while the user is browsing your website. Just because of a similar way of appearance, it was called "push".
- Interstitial Ads are very similar to direct links. They also can be fired by a user click, but the way they're opening is different. Interstitials always open after the click, but before the target link will be opened.
- And the last type of spot, the old king 👑 of all the ad formats - Popunder. Popunder is a general for all pop-ads. They can be opened in a small window or a new tab, under or above the current display. By the way, the AdSpyglass team is working on a custom Popunder solution that can extend standard functions for its publishers. (Let's get back to it later)
Now, when you're familiar with all spots and their names, let's tick the Popunder spot for our exemplary setting. And then, continue website configuration by hitting the "Add" button.
Verification of the website
Afterward, you'll be redirected to your "Website" section of the site, where you'll notice a record associated with the domain and configuration we've just added.
If you're ready to continue, click "Verify".
After clicking the "Verify" button, you'll find yourself on the verification page. We're suggesting three different methods of legitimacy check. Feel free to check the most convenient (or easy) one and perform all actions described in the chosen method.
As soon as you finish, don't hesitate to press "Verify" again.
Once your website is verified, you'll witness real magic 💫 - all website sections will be available for you!
You're done, you're great, and let's move to the next phase Step 2. Link Ad Networks Accounts.