And let's go!
Let's start with an example...
Imagine that you're a farmer (unexpected, huh?)
As soon as you've finished the harvesting, you get a question:
"How can I sell my grains to get as much profit as possible?"
The majority of farmers just go to the local tallyman. There, they agree on a price and sell everything in bulk.
But it is a terrible idea… Curious to know why?
Let's look at the case when you sell wheat to single local tallyman:
- You can't be sure that tallyman's price is fair. You're not aware of the market's average rates. Therefore, you are making deals in 'blind mode'.
- You can't be sure about the purchasing capacity of tallyman. He may buy just a part of your harvest and leave you remains. What to do when your crop is better?
- Like everyone, you may have not only wheat but other grains as well. However, the buyer is focused on wheat-business only. The result is selling rye and barley for nothing.
So, you see that such a scenario is not the best one.
Your business will continue to survive but not grow.
Now, let's look at another case. You're still the same farmer. But, instead of cooperation with the local tallyman, you're doing wise business. You've decided to go to another place. Place where there are hundreds of tallymen instead of one. Let's call that place the Country Marketplace.
At SSP, you can precisely indicate the quality, quantity, and variety of grains you own. As a result, a lot of buyers will want to buy your harvest, instead of only one.
Let's determine the effectiveness points of this scenario:
- To buy your grain, tallymen will offer their bids and prices. The deal will be closed with the highest bid. (A first-price sealed-bid auction). That's why you can be 100% sure that your price is even higher than the market's average.
- There are a lot of buyers and a lot of demand. It means that your harvest will be sold entirely without any remains. (Of course, if there are no insects 🦗 or bots 🤖 in your grains)
- In case there are a lot of buyers, we can say that their needs will be quite differentiated. Thus, you'll quickly sell your wheat, barley, and even rye. It allows you to experiment more and grow something new.
Every good will find its buyer.
It seems like your choice is obvious…
But let's go back to the digital century and shift the paradigm to the thematic one.
You are (an ex-farmer) becoming a website owner. Ad spots at your website are the different types of the harvest you have. Greedy tallyman from example turns into As Network. And the Country Marketplace's real name is SSP Marketplace.
In other words, there is an ability to sell advertising spaces on your website automatically at the highest price. The first-price auction will determine the cost of each impression, and SSP itself will play the role of auctioneer.
Now, let's look closer onto terminology
So, what is the SSP marketplace by AdSpyglass?
SSP marketplace (or Supply Side Platform) - it is an integration of independent ad networks via DSP, which takes part in auction trading through the RTB model. Registration is not needed for working with them.
Ad networks make their bids on the traffic. After that, an impression will be automatically given to the one who offered the highest price.
In this manner, you'll manage to enlarge your website's reach and earn more.
Also, you'll never leave any single visitor without his beloved advertisement. 😉
What is the difference between regular SSP and SSP Marketplace by AdSpyglass?
SSP alone is just technology from the AdTech industry.
But, SSP Marketplace (or Smart SSP, how we call it) is the most advanced technology implementation.
Webmasters can operate with a huge amount of Ad Networks simultaneously without having any accounts with its help. Moreover, the price of every impression will be determined via RTB. So, you'll be able to squeeze as much as possible from your traffic.
Also, there is another chilly-cool feature: You're welcome to invite your acquaintanced direct advertisers and cooperate with them without commission, absolutely. We're serious 😑
Which ad formats are supported at SSP Marketplace?
SSP Marketplace by Adspyglass is supporting the following formats at the moment:
- Direct link
- In-page push.
And the list will be bigger soon.
What is the price of using the SSP marketplace?
Our users have a brilliant ability to use the SSP marketplace free of charge. You're not obligated to pay for anything!
Instead, we're taking just 10% of your random traffic hits!
What do I need to start using the SSP marketplace?
First, you need to make sure that your website is good enough. If you're not sure about it, it's better to contact our experts.
They will be happy to assess your site and tell you if it is suitable for the Adspyglass SSP marketplace.
If the previous question is already solved, you need to open up the 'SSP Marketplace' section at your AdSpyglass account. After that, feel free to switch on all the networks you're interested in. Then, advertisers will automatically start to bid for your traffic.
Do I need to comply with any specific conditions to work with SSP marketplace?
SSP marketplace is a very traffic-quality sensitive feature.
That's why only users with vast websites and traffic are allowed to use the service.
Using the SSP with low-quality or bot-traffic can lead to permanently blocking of your account at AdSpyglass, while earned money will be returned to Ad Networks.
Thus, before the start of cooperation with the AdSpyglass SSP marketplace, we highly recommend going through an expert's assessment. Just reach out to them via live chat and they will help you. Usually, it takes just a couple of minutes.
How will I get the money earned via the SSP marketplace?
All earned funds will be available at the unified balance at the AdSpyglass account.
It means that you don't need to think about various payment methods and ways of obtaining payments from different Ad Networks. Therefore, you don't need to have a bunch of varying payment profiles and cover countless fees.
Now, you have one consolidated balance of your account for the management of all finance-related questions. Just choose one favorite payment method and obtain your earnings regularly. Everything is super easy, and that's why - convenient.
You can always track your profit in the "Balance" section of your AdSpyglass account.
- Balance - it is your overall balance. It includes all other types of earned funds. It is a sum of already available money (2), and funds that were made but still pending from Ad Networks (3).
- Funds available for payouts - stands for the already earned amount available for withdrawal and will be directed to you during the next payment period.
- Expected payouts from ad network - stands for the amount you have received so far, but money is still in pending status from Ad Network's side.
Each network pays differently and with different conditions. That's why we need to wait until the money becomes available.
Why is the SSP marketplace not available for me or I can't turn on anything?
In case there is no SSP marketplace section in your account, you need to reach out to our experts.
In case, when you have the section but it's empty, it means that you still haven't added any suitable ad spots at the "Website" section. (Popunder, direct link, interstitial or in-page push.)
As soon as you add one of these spots, you'll automatically get appropriate Ad Networks in the SSP section.
Why is Adspyglass creating such fantastic stuff for webmasters for free?
Just because we want you to make more! We want to change the industry of AdTech and make your life happier. We're attaboys and attagirls 🦸🦸♂️🦸♀️.
Feel free to test our exclusive Supply Side Platform Marketplace!